The Dugway Storage Tunnel is being constructed by Salini Impregilo SA Healy Joint Venture for the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District.
The purpose of the tunnel is to collect and transport wastewater and rainwater with the objective of reducing the level of environmental pollution in Lake Erie.
This project is one of many for the $3 billion Project Clean Lake program the sewer district began in 2011 and which will last approximately 25 years from start to finish.
- 27’ feet diameter
- 3 miles long
- Six shafts ranging from 200-230 feet deep
- It runs throughout East Cleveland starting at E. 140th Street and ending at E. 123rd
- Approximately 20 operators over 3 shifts daily
- Estimated completion date is 2020.
- Triad Construction
- Vertical boring
- Marra Services
- Piqua Steel
- Rigging for the tunnel machine
- Northstar Contracting
- Setting structures